Haa Summer Festival 2014: Show casing the rich alpine flowers, folklore and culture
Haa Summer Festival 2014 to be held on 5th and 6th July 2014 at Haa. This year the festival will be held only for two days i.e. 5th and 6th July 2014. Set among pristine lakes and high alpine valleys, the Haa summer festival is a lively and uplifting celebration of traditional living-culture, nomadic lifestyles, unique Bhutanese cuisine, traditional sports and religious performances.
It provides unparalleled insight into the lives and traditions of Bhutan’s nomadic herders. Immerse yourself in this one of a kind experience by playing the local sports, sampling the delicious home-cooked cuisine and enjoying traditional songs and dances all while imbibing the heady local liquor (Ara).
Haa valley is located very close to the international airport at Paro. To get to Haa you must travel two hours by road and cross the Chelela mountain pass, Bhutan’s highest road pass. With its pristine forests and rugged hills Haa is an excellent location to enjoy some of the best hiking to be found in the Himalayas. Walk along centuries old trails through mountain slopes covered in Primula Pedicularis, Ranaculus, Aster and several varieties of ferns.
You’ll lose yourself amidst fields of white poppies, dense forests of fir trees and crystalline streams brimming with rainbow trout. At the Haa Summer festival you will be able to see the rare White Poppy (Meconopsis superba). This flower typically grows to 1-1.5m in height at high altitudes around 4000m. The White Poppy is endemic to Haa and cannot be found anywhere else in the world.
DAY 1, 5th July 2014 Proposed Programme
Note: 1. Personalized alpine flower stamps with photo by Bhutan post for everyone.
1. The idea behind the youngest tourist is that the experiences gained by him/her will be the highlight of the trip which will be shared with many other people both in Bhutan and in his/her home country
2. The cultural program, flower and normal exhibition will continue for the entire 2 days festival
3. The tourists and guest could also experience the Khuru and Soksum game separately designed for them
4. Show casing of the 13 arts and crafts will continue throughout the program ( both days)
5. Return to farm house/Hotel for leisure evening to experience village life and for dinner
Day 2, 6th July,2014